Roof Repair Hockley: A major concern for any property owner in Hockley is discovering damage has been caused to their roof. Rain, wind, and other weather-related incidents can cause problems for an exposed roof, resulting in pricey roof replacement bills. By repairing your roof in a timely manner, before any structural damage takes place, you can save on a full roof replacement and avoid a huge bill.
Roof Repair or Replacement?
It is only in extreme circumstances that your roof should need a full replacement. If your roof was poorly constructed, has received extensive damage from falling debris or subjected to fire or extreme high winds, then it's possible it may need a full replacement.
A surveyor should also consider the age of the roof and materials when offering solutions for either replacement or repair. Older properties of more than twenty five years old may require a fullreplacement due to wear and tear on the materials used in the initial construction.
To correctly address the safe condition of your roof in Hockley, a structuralmay need to take place in order to identify the correct method of remedial work.
Generally a damaged roof will require a program ofas opposed to a full replacement. Repairs to your roof should guarantee its continued protection against the elements for many more years.
Types of Roofing Materials
There are many types of materials which are used in the construction of commercial and residential. It's normally the case that heavier roof materials are more durable and more expensive than those of a lighter construction.
Flat roof surfaces may be covered in bitumen felt, GRP fibreglass or EPDM rubber or perhaps even a green roof. Alternatively, thatch, slate tiles or concrete or clay tiles are materials which interlock to create a weatherproof barrier on pitched.
Reasons for Roof Repair
(Just a Seection of the Reasons Why You Might Need a Roofer in Hockley)
If you observe any of the following issues with your roof in Hockley, you should seek the professional advice of aimmediately:
- Defective pointing
- Missing shingles or tiles
- Cracks or holes
- Granular loss (The shedding of tiny particles from asphalt shingles)
- Internal leaks
- Slipped ridge or hip tiles
If problem areas are left unresolved there's a real possibility of rafters and roof timbers starting to decay through damp issues within your roof.
Roof Repair DIY
DIYare not recommended for any damage to a roof. Due to the extreme height at which any repair work is undertaken, even on single storey buildings, accidents are frequently serious and can even fatal in some cases. It's safer and more cost-effective to hire a specialist to carry out any roof repairs and avoid the possibility of injuring yourself, or even making the problem worse.
The best way for a non-professional to work on their roof is to perform routine checks. An easy preventative maintenance step is to walk around the property and visually checking the roof on a regular basis by looking for any damaged areas, particularly after recent high winds. You should also think about having your roof cleaned every couple of years.This can help avoid more costlylater on. The build up of algae, mould and moss can damage or lift tiles and create areas where water can penetrate.
Choosing a Roofer in Hockley
Once you discover a problem you need a reputableto help repair any damage before it gets worse. It's not that hard to find a trustworthy roofer, just follow some basic steps:
- It should be part of any quote that full payment should be made after the completion of all repair work. Paying the balance on completion guarantees that the work has been carried out correctly and your property is left free of building and construction waste.
- Family, friends and neighbours are always useful contacts, and can provide sincere advice about any company or tradesperson they might have used previously.
- A quote should never come with additional pressure of needing to sign into a contract then and there. Ask if there is a cooling off period where you can stop any work before it begins if your circumstances change. If you're spending more than £42 on services or goods in the UK, it is law that there be a 14 day cooling off period where you can stop any work or return items. Trading Standards can investigate any roofing contractor or trader who fails to provide this, and bring about criminal proceedings to the offender.
- Call at least 3 different roof repair firms for a price quote. A specialist roofing company will understand your concerns and provide a free quote without pressuring you into using their services.
- Be wary of cold callers and other scammers. Whilst some cold callers could be legitimate, it's advised to seek independent advice from another professional before agreeing to any work on your property.
- A company's website is an ideal starting point. A roofing company website and social media pages should show recent work and testimonials.
Qualifications and Professional Bodies
All workers employed by yourshould hold a Roofer CSCS Card (Construction Skills Certification Card), which shows that they've got the necessary experience and training for roof repair work. Identifying the contractor on the card and their qualification, along with their area of expertise, the CSCS Card is the basic certification of any employee in the construction industry. You may see different colours of the CSCS Card which signify different qualifications and experience level of the individual.
You should check if a contractor is a member of a professional association such as the NFRC, the Institute of Roofing or the CORC before agreeing to any work.
Members of the NFRC are vetted before joining and must follow a strict code of practice regarding the standard of their customer service, work and products. All roofing professional bodies have free online access to their database of members in the UK for a potential client to check an individual's or company details.
Members of the CORC supply a guarantee of the quality of their work backed by the trade association. It also provides a resolution and conflict service should the need arise.
Members of the Institute of Roofing are offered guidance with a structured qualification and training plan to make sure they are among the best in their field.
The Various Roofing Materials
- Roof Tiles (concrete or clay)
- Metal Tiles (aluminium or steel)
- Bitumous Roof Shingles
- Stone Tiles
- EPDM (rubber)
- Thatched Roofing
- Zinc Roofing
- Corrugated Metal
- Green Roofing (growing medium and vegetation)
- Slate Tiles
Roof inspection services - article 245.
Roof Repair and Roofing Services Hockley
Most experienced Hockley roof repair specialists will likely help with roof fascias, metal roof repair Hockley, lead valleys, chimney building, soffits Hockley, in Hockley, gable roofing in Hockley, roof windows in Hockley, garage roof replacement, roof replacement, GRP roofs, barge board repair, thatched roofing, roof shingles, guttering, cheap roof repair, roof inspections, seamless gutter installation, plastic roofing, roof stripping, roof inspection services, ridge tiles, roof repair, lead flashing, Velux window installation, bitumen roofing, tile roofs, cracked tile repairs, roof installation, new roofing, flat roofing, industrial roof repairs, roof battening in Hockley, stainless steel roofs, sagging roofs and other in Hockley, . Listed are just a handful of the duties that are undertaken by roofers. Hockley providers will be happy to inform you of their full range of services.
Roof Repair Near Hockley
Also here.: Canewdon roof repair, Southend roof repair, North Benfleet roof repair, South Fambridge roof repair, North Fambridge roof repair, Stambridge roof repair, Ashingdon roof repair, Great Stambridge roof repair, Battlesbridge roof repair, Ballards Gore roof repair, Rawreth and more. All of these places are served by local roofers. Hockley residents can get quotations by clicking
Roofing Companies Hockley - Qualified Roofers Hockley - Flat Roofing Hockley - Roof Guttering Hockley - Roof Repairs Hockley - Roof Construction Hockley - Flat Roof Repair Hockley - Roof Repair Near Me - Roofers Hockley